O'Brien County's Bell-Times-Courier -

100 Years a Sanctuary

 

September 13, 2018

Steve Steele and Tom Steele

On Sunday September 2 the Sutherland Church of Christ gathered to recognize the 100 years of worship within its current sanctuary. The congregation was established 136 years ago, 1 year before the city of Sutherland was incorporated.

Dan Raper shared the history of the physical church building from Elder Higby spending much of his time to construct the original wood building that stood until 1919 when it was torn down. Records show the cost of construction at that time was about $3,000.00. That is estimated to be 74,000 of today's dollars. The current building core, bore a cost of $35,000-...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020